This is a wonderful low FODMAP Soup recipe. This soup does not use the usual milk or cream. The potatoes alone provide a creamy base complemented with a slight anise flavor from the fennel. Usually this recipe requires onions and garlic also. But to replace the onions I added some low FODMAP friendly scallion greens for the garnish.
- Soup Pot, Blender
- 1.5 pounds yukon potatoes 3-4 potatoes cubed
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 C plant based milk cashew, oat or almond
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 2 stems scallions (greens only)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper- freshly ground
- In a large pot add olive oil, salt and pepper and fennel Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes with skin and the broth. Simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the plant milk and let the mixture cool.
- Once cooled, blend the mixture in a blender until creamyAdd more water or vegetable broth as needed. if the soup is too thick.
- Heat soup .Garnish soup with scallion greens and serve hot.
Serving: 12oz | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: -17g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!