This grape and feta sunflower salad is a delicious Spring Salad. The sweetness from the grapes and crunchiness from the sunflowers adds texture and complimenting flavors. The feta adds a little salt and creaminess and the arugula a peppery base. Here the secret is not just in the many flavor affinities but also in the light Maple Syrup vinaigrette dressing.
The dressing uses 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar- and this vinaigrette can be made in minutes. I chose maple syrup and mustard to emulsify the dressing and used a Champagne vinegar for a light zing.
Finally fresh herbs for this salad compliment the dressing and the greens- mint and parsley which I am growing in the Biome Kitchen Garden. A dusting of lemon zest can add a little more surprize.
Enjoy this Spring Salad with dinner, as a lunch or bring it with you to your next patio party potluck.Jump to Recipe
- salad bowl, small bowl or jar to mix dressing , cutting board,, knife, teaspoon/Tablespoon, zester
- 4-6 C arugula
- 2 C red grapes, halved
- 1/4 C crumbled feta
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds or walnuts
- 1/4 C olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper top taste
- 2 Tbsp mint or parsley fresh
- 1 lemon zest and juice ( decorate salad with a lemon wedge)
- In a large bowl toss arugula, grapes, sunflower seeds and feta together.
- In a small bowl or mason jar whisk maple syrup, mustard, champagne vinegar and olive oil. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper as needed and lemon zest.