Pasta Primavera is a wonderful Springtime recipe combining fresh spring veggies and gluten free pasta. To keep this recipe low FODMAP we are looking at a colorful array of fresh veggies such as zucchini cubes, bell peppers strips, broccoli florets and cherry tomatoes. Fresh basil adds brightness with chewy melted mozzarella.
This dish is wonderful the next day for lunch or heated up for another dinner – it is so good!
With many gluten free pastas available today from rice based to quinoa- one of my favorites is found in many regular supermarkets- Barilla GF Pasta. It cooks and tastes like regular pasta and your don’t have to worry about it getting too mushy if you follow the package directions.
- Large pot, sieve, large bowl
- 10 oz Gluten Free Pasta GF Barilla Brand
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil EVOO
- 2 Cups broccoll florets
- 1 med yellow squash cubed
- 1 med green zucchini cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper julienned
- 1 C cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 1 lemon
- 1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp italian herbs dried
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook gluten free penne pasta in salted water according to package directions, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a 12-inch (and deep) skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and bell pepper then saute 2 minutes.
- Add yellow squash and zucchini then saute 2 – 3 minutes or until veggies have nearly softened. Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Pour veggies into now empty pasta pot or a serving bowl, add drained pasta, drizzle in lemon juice, season with a little more salt as needed and toss while adding in pasta water to loosen as desired.
- Toss in 1/4 cup parmesan and basil then serve with remaining parmesan on top.
This is a wonderful recipe for the entire family! Lots of fresh crunchy veggies, delicious pasta and yummy cheese!