This is an all time family favorite which happens to be low FODMAP. I just also got a tip from a friend to add orange zest to this sauce. Just 1/3C serving is advised. Using fresh cranberries and a little orange juice with some sugar. Combine that with spicy cinnamon, fresh and cloves and you have a holiday sauce fit for the winter season!Cranberries are a FODMAP friendly food if they are NOT dried cranberries.
- 1 bag fresh cranberries 12 oz, 340 grams
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/2 C white sugar I tried 1/4C to minimize sugar…
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger Fresh grated ginger root
- 6 whole cloves
- Heat all ingredients in a medium sized pan until bubbly
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until cranberries break down..