Servings: 8 people
- large mixing bowl, 1.5 quart sauce pan (med).
- 1 C Organic Quinoa Rinse the dry quinoa in cold water and drain before cooking.
- 2 C water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 C dried cranberries 2 Tbsp dried cranberries is one serve of a low FODMAP plan. 8 Tbsp =4 oz dried cranberries
- 1/2 C pepitas
- 4 whole scallions For low FODMAP just use scallion greens
- 4 Tbsp fresh parsley- chopped
- 1/2 med cucumber chopped
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
Cook the Quinoa
- Place 1C quinoa (rinsed) with 2 C water ( or vegetable broth) in a 1.5 quart saucepan. Bring the water(broth) to boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- When all the water is absorbed, and the grain appears soft and translucent, transfer the quinoa to cool in a large mixing bowl.
MIx the ingredients together
- Add the dried cranberries, cucumber, parsley, scallion greens and pepitas to the quinoa. Fold in the dressing to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!