This is a light and tangy cake which is made with zesty lemon, tart yogurt and chia seeds. I love that all the ingredients can be combined and spooned into a baking pan.
- large mixing bowl, spatula, electric mixer, baking pan ( bunt cake pan)
- 1.5 C all purpose flour Gluten free Flour can be used.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 C butter at room temperature
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 C yogurt plain
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grease and flour an 8 inch pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder ingredients in a bowl
Mix with Electric Mixer-
- Mix butter, sugar and salt in an electric mixer
- add eggs and mix well
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice
- Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Add yogurt and mix well
- Fold in chia seeds
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!