Prep some fresh veggies for this savory salad- sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy.
A great way to honor new season veggies and fruit as well as jump into Spring with clean eating!
Spring Salads are easy to assemble with the cold veggies coming in season first like lettuces, arugula and kale. Next come the warmer weather plants such as beans and summer cucumbers and tomatoes. This recipe honors the spicy arugula leaf paired with salty feta and olives and crunchy cucumber and sunflower seeds . More sweetness is added with soft mandarins and chewy raisins. The dressing combines citrusy orange juice, tangy mustard and sweet honey. Talk about a trove of texture and flavors.
Salad Bar Fixings
- 6 c baby arugula
- 1 c feta cheese crumbled, low fat is fine
- 1/2 c olives sliced ( black or green)
- 1 c cucumber peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 c raisins black or sultan
- 3/4 c red pepper flakes diced
- 3/4 c mandarins sliced and cubed
- 4 Tbsp sunflower seeds roasted, unsalted
- 4 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 4 Tbsp orange juice juice of 1 whole orange
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper fresh ground