Spaghetti Squash is a savory light winter vegetable with a nutty flavor and impressive nutrient profile.
It’s low in calories but high in several key vitamins and minerals, in particular, spaghetti squash is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, manganese, and vitamin B6.
Spaghetti Squash does well when baked in the oven at 350F for 45 minutes. This squash is different from others in its presentation. Unlike other squashes- spaghetti squash can be scraped by a fork after baking to produce spaghetti-like strands. The strands make a wonderful dish for texture and when paired with tomatoes, parmesan and basil make a delightful and delicious side dish every one of every age is sure to enjoy.
- 1 med spaghetti squash cut in half and de-seeded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 C tomatoes diced and de-seeded
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil sliced into ribbons
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/8 tsp back pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Place foil on a flat baking sheet.Cut the squash in half length-wise.Place each half - side down on baking sheet.Bake squash at 350F for 45 minutes. Cool squash before scraping out flesh.
Scrape Flesh of Squash out of shell
- With a fork- gently pull strands of squash away from the flesh.
Combine vegetables and ingredients and bake.
- Combine the spaghetti squash with the tomatoes, garlic , basil and parmesan .Place in a baking pan and bake for 350 F for 20 minutes .Serve hot as a side or as a main!