Pork Chops are considered a heart healthy lean meat. They are affordable and quite easy to prepare on the stove top. One of my all time favorite recipes calls for browning the pork chops in a skillet first with flour & seasonings and then uses orange juice and oranges to create a wonderful savory and sweet sauce.
This recipe is not fast- but allows the pork chops to simmer in their sauce for a good 45 minutes. Allowing time to prep other food for the meal such as potatoes, or rice or your favorite greens.
Servings: 6 chops
- A large skillet pan
- 6 pork chops medium thickness -1/4"
- 1.5 Tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper fresh ground is best
- 1/4 Tbsp cooking oil canola or safflower
- 1/2 C orange juice juice of 1 orange
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 slices orange thin
- 2 Tbsp cold water
Brown The Pork Chops and Simmer
- Combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper in a bowl and dust each side of the pork chop with the mixture. In a large skillet heat the oil and add the coated pork chops. Brown the pork chops on both sides in the oil . Add orange juice and cloves and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
Slice an orange
- Meanwhile, grate peel from the stem end of the orange, then cut six slices from the other end. Set aside.
Assemble the porkchops, sauce and orange slices
- Add orange slices, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes . Remove the pork chops from the heat. To serve, top chops with sauce and orange slices. Garnish with parsley
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!