Servings: 6 bowls
- Soup pot, cutting board, chef knife
- 3 Tbsp olive oil etxra virgin
- 1 Tbsp thyme minced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 C vegetable broth
- 2 C steamed lentils
- 2 C rice- cooked
- 1.5 C carrot top leaves chopped and stems removed
- Place oil in a large, heavy gauge soup pot. Heat over medium-low heat, then add the onion, carrots, thyme and garlic. Saute for 5-7 minutes until translucent – take care not to burn the garlic! Add salt and pepper and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Place broth in the pot and bring it to a boil. Once the liquid is bubbling, add the lentils and cooked rice.
- Add the carrot tops and stir well. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with fresh grated parmesan (optional)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!