Who knew , spinach was such a power house of nutrition – more so than even kale. Combined with the other Superfood -strawberries, this salad is fresh and seasonal and a sure winner for lunch or a side at dinner.This recipe is brought to you by my friend Jan: a fun loving yoga follower, horseback riding mom, recycler and skilled architect on the go. It is fresh and seasonal and super easy to assemble. makes 4 servings of 1.5 C each and prep time is about 15 minutes. The secret is in the dressing!
- ¼ C Canola or safflower oil (not olive oil)
- 2Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Fresh Dill (minced)
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Dry Mustard
- 6C fresh baby spinach
- 1 Avocado-cubed
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2C strawberries ( sliced)
- 6 C fresh baby spinach leaves (washed and dried)
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (Toasted is optional, I often don’t have the time.)
- 2C Strawberries (sliced)
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, dill, onion powder, garlic powder and dry mustard in a small bowl for the dressing.
- Place the washed and dried fresh baby spinach leaves in a bowl
- Add 2C of sliced strawberries , the cubed avocado and toss gently
- Sprinkle the salad with sesame seeds. (Toasted sesame seeds bring out more nutty flavor)
- Toss lightly while drizzling in dressing.