- large pot, strainer, large serving bowl, zester, small mixing bowl
- 1 pound Gluten Free penne
- 3 ears fresh corn Cut off kernels once corn is cooked
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups fresh mozzarella-cubed
- 4 whole tomatoes- cored and diced
- 1 whole lemon- grated zest
- 1 cup basil leaves- fresh and in ribbons
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves cut in ribbons
Cook the Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boiland add the pasta. About 2 minutes before pasta finishes cooking add the corn kernels. Continue cooking until pasta is al dente and the corn is tender but crisp. Drain the padta and corn and add the oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Shake the strainer to distribute the oil and stop the cooking.
Combine pasta and fresh ingredients
- In a large serving bowl, toss the pasta and corn with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and lemon zest.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!